Zirconia Technical Information
Why choose zirconia products?
Zirconia (ZrO2) products can withstand the high
temperature up to 2100°C. It is an ideal material for the melting of
precious metals and super-alloys which have melting point higher than 1800°C.
What's the highest temperature that
zirconia products can withstand?
Calcium-stabilized zirconia products can
withstand up to 2100°C (3812°F).
Yttrium-stabilized zirconia products can withstand up to 1500°C
What's the chemical composition
of your calcium-stablized zirconia products?
*Yttrium-stablized zirconia components are available upon request.
What are the engineering properties of your calcium-stablized zirconia
How to store zirconia products?
Zirconia products should be stored in a dry place. If they get wet, let
the crucible dry naturally before using them. If dry crucibles by placing
in a dryer or oven, make sure that the dry process go slowly.
What should I pay attention to when I use zirconia products?
- Zirconia products are fragile. Please handle them carefully and avoid
collision during unpacking, transportation, handling and cleaning.
- Check whether any micro-cracks exist before using zirconia products.
Products with micro-cracks should not be used.
- Do not load too many materials in zirconia crucibles, which can increase
the possibility of uneven heating.
- Slow ramp rate and cooling rate are highly recommended to minimize
the thermal shock on crucibles. When increasing the temperature, special
attention should be paid on two sensitive temperature periods: not exceeding
3°C/MIN during 100°C ~300°C and 1050°C ~1200°C. The
rate can be faster in other temperature ranges, but it is recommended
to be less than 5°C /MIN.
- To take the crucible directly out of furnace at high temperature may
cause crack. If possible, take it out when the temperature is under 100°C.
- Zirconia crucibles should not be heated by torch or furnaces that cannot control temperature change rate. The uneven heating can cause crack.
- It is recommended to put some zirconia powder (around 100mesh) between
the bottom of the crucible and the support of crucible to achieve consistency
in thermal expansion coefficient.
- If the crucible is used in induction furnace, the crucible should be
surrounded by zirconia powder.